It’s natural to have both good days and bad days at work. While we all want to have more of the good days than the bad, sometimes there’s nothing we can do to avoid the occasional day when things just don’t go the way we want them to. When that’s the case, it’s important to keep in mind that we have the power within us to change out attitude – to turn a cloudy day into one that is sunny and bright.
The next time you feel defeated or down on the job, here are some quotes that will inspire you to keep pushing forward until you find the success – and happiness – you’re looking for.
- “Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect.” Brené Brown
- “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Lou Holtz
- “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.” Steve Case
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
- “There are three constants in life… change, choice, and principles.” Stephen Covey
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas A. Edison
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” Dale Carnegie
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” Robert H. Schuller
- “You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” Maya Angelou
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and this is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” Vince Lombardo